Bonhams has had an overall successful auction in Hong Kong on May 27th after selling three beautiful Fancy Color Diamonds.
The 10.03 carat, Fancy Brown-Pink with a VVS1 clarity was estimated to sell for between $390k to $640k total, and ended up selling for $606,221 total, at the higher end of the valuation.
The 10.03 carat Fancy Brown-Pink VVS1 diamond Image credit: Bonham’s
The 1.30 carat, Fancy Brownish Red diamond, named “Bordeaux Red Diamond” was estimated to sell between $200k to $380k total, and ended up selling for $364,548, also near the high end valuation set by Bonhams.
The 1.30 carat Fancy Brownish Red diamond Image credit: Bonham’s
The 1.77 carat, Fancy Dark Grey-Blue diamond was estimated to sell between $200k to $380k, ended up selling for $333,957, also near the high valuation set by Bonhams.
The 1.77 carat Fancy Dark Grey-Blue SI1 diamond Image credit: Bonham’s
Naturally, a few items ended up not selling, but it is nothing out of the ordinary. The auction house was satisfied with its auction in Hong Kong. All three items sold at the auction were quite unique for collectors.
Bonhams will continue its schedule of auctions throughout the summer time in New York, Los Angeles and London.
- Bonham’s Will Join The Fancy Color Diamond Fray In Hong Kong
- Christie’s Continues to Unveil Largest Fancy Vivid Color Diamonds at Auction
- 2018 Diamond Investment Industry Review
- Christie’s New York Auction Sells Great Bulgari Vivid Blue Diamond
- Sotheby’s New York Misses Its Mark With Unsold Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond